Saturday, April 23, 2011

End of a Wonderful Week

We've had a fantastic week here!  My oldest daughter and a cousin spent four days volunteering with  Horses for Handicapped, a favorite annual activity.  We've also had my soon-to-be daughter-in-law visiting for the week, which has been delightful.  Tomorrow will be another grand day as we celebrate our Risen Lord with family and friends, as well as our church body.  (Lunch at my home with all my family is a real treat for me.)

Of course any week has its less than perfect moments.  My son's car has been on my "bad" list all week since it refused to travel except at its own whim: not cranking, refusing to run on certain streets, dying at traffic lights, basically showing that it wanted to be its own boss.  We've taken the car to get an attitude adjustment....... and a new fuel pump.  Perhaps now it will travel when and where we like.

In the midst of the busy-ness of the week, I managed to carve out some time to make soap.  I actually made three batches, all of which smell wonderful!  Sandalwood is an old favorite, but this time I didn't add the dye, so it's creamy white rather than the green we usually produce.  The second batch is a new scent, citrus/basil.  It smells wonderful!  I go to the drying area just to pick up a bar and smell of it.  The third batch is one of our best sellers: oatmeal.  While we do make a scented honey oatmeal bar, I always keep this scent-free/dye-free oatmeal soap on hand for customers with sensitive skin.  It works wonders!

As this wonderful day comes to an end, I am contemplating the following verses:  "O satisfy us early with thy mercy: that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." ........  "And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands; establish thou it."  Psalm 90:14 & 17

No comments: