|One of our fruit crepes|
Basic Gluten Free Crepes:
eggs - at least one egg per person
butter for greasing pan
1. Beat eggs with about 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan gum per egg.
2. Add 1 Tablespoon milk or water per egg.
3. Heat skillet on medium high, and butter pan when hot.
4. Pour in enough of the batter to cover bottom of skillet. When top of crepe is getting dry, flip crepe over like a pancake.
5. Cook until light brown, then place on plate.
Continue until you've cooked all of your egg mixture.
Then the fun begins. You get to place fillings on your crepe! Today for lunch we had a savoury crepe filled with sauteed peppers, onion and homemade feta. Delicious! Then we had a fruit-filled crepe for dessert. We filled the dessert crepes with cold fruit and whipped cream. So refreshing!
I hope you find this recipe helpful and delicious. Feel free to experiment to find the size crepe you like best, and be creative with your fillings!