Friday, January 10, 2020

Insta Pot Newbie

I must give credit where credit is due. You can thank my brother and a friend from church for this post. I had ignored all the hoopla about the Insta Pot for years, when suddenly people I know and trust started talking about how their cooking had become so much easier and quicker. I finally listened.

My life has shifted and morphed over the last few years, as all our lives do, and I was searching for new ideas and ways to accomplish all my goals. So when a friend started telling me about how she simplified her cooking, I was all ears. She NEARLY convinced me that I needed an Insta Pot when she was telling me about her system, but I still wavered.

My next point of contact was when my brother, whom everyone acknowledges as a great cook, came to give a cooking lesson. He kept mentioning how often he used his pressure cooker, but all I could think of was the aluminum pressure cookers of my youth. Let me tell you, the memory of an exploding pressure cooker and the days it took to clean turnip greens off the ceiling, cabinets and everywhere you could think of, kept me from taking him seriously..... until he sent me a picture of his pressure cooker.... Yes, it was an electric pressure cooker, not a stove top one!

I decided it was time for me to order an Insta Pot. I spent so long reading reviews and comparing!!!! 
(Glad I had a week off!) I finally decided to order the Duo Evo Plus because it comes to pressure faster and cooks faster than others. It claimed to be easy for beginners (me!) and yet have adjustments for "dedicated cooks," just in case I ever become one of those!  It will be here in a few days, so I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

the one I ordered


https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Duo-Evo-Plus/dp/B07W55DDFB/ref=as_sl_pc_qf_sp_asin_til?tag=briarrfar08-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=8c99a9a6a9fca5514ae40e903842cfe5&creativeASIN=B07W55DDFB



Be sure to send me all you favorite recipes to try in my new Insta Pot! 

(if you purchase anything from a link on our blog, you pay nothing extra, but we get a few cents, so thank you!)

No comments: