Monday, January 27, 2014

The Sock

Here it is! THE sock! Yes, some of you have seen me knitting socks on four tiny, double-pointed needles in the past, so you know about this. I made a pair of adorable red socks for one of my daughters over the course of a few years. Having those years of experience behind me, I decided I wanted to knit myself a pair of socks. The deciding moment was when I found this wonderful skein of sock yarn and fell in love with the colors. This great wool and linen blend is washable, and it is Oh So Soft! Thus began the journey. I carried my sock with me and worked on it while I waited at music lessons, doctor visits, and hospital visits. On long automobile trips I dutifully whiled away the hours knitting faithfully on my sock. Then it happened; I FINISHED MY SOCK!  I looked for the confetti and balloons to fall from the ceiling, but none were forthcoming. Not to be daunted, I excitedly gathered the family and explained that it was time to celebrate. An amazing, wondrous event had occurred! They all caught my enthusiasm and joined with me in exultation. What had brought about this happy occasion? "What are we celebrating?" they asked. I pulled out The Sock and showed them that I had finally completed this delightful "feat." The looks on their faces presented a wide range of emotions. Finally someone said, "Where's the other one?"

Hmmmm..... I guess socks do come in pairs. Another project on my "to do" list.

No comments: