Saturday, February 19, 2022

The Creation Of a Bar

 Have you ever wanted to have something practical, but you want it to be beautiful as well? That's the motivation behind the creation of this beautiful soap! 






I was looking for a soap additive that would be great for absorbing excess oil, would soak up impurities, soothe sensitive skin, and leave a radiant glow. Enter Rose Kaolin Clay. Kaolin clay, although mild, is an effective cleaning agent. It gently exfoliates dull skin, and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth! It also has antibacterial properties. So with all these great attributes, I knew I wanted to create a soap containing Rose Kaolin Clay. I also decided to add some ribbons of activated charcoal. Activated charcoal has a detoxifying effect, but I love the design interest that it brings to this bar. 





With the additives selected, next came the selection of the scent. I spend a good bit of time researching current trends in the soap world: scents, colorants, additives, oils, packaging etc.  After assessing my research, I decided that a well-grounded but complex scent would be perfect for the lovely bar that was coming to life in my mind. I wanted a bar of soap that allows us to take care of ourselves and find joy in doing so. I wanted this bar of soap to be light and mood-lifting.  Further research yielded a scent combining sandalwood, black currant, pink pepper, berries, jasmine, cedarwood and more. The complexity of this combination is fabulous!


I think you will fall in love with this bar! 






No comments: