Thursday, April 7, 2011

Christmas Excitement!

I am as excited today as a child on Christmas morning!  I really do think that the shipment that just arrived on the Fed X truck has affected me in the same way as when we open a much anticipated gift!  Do you remember seeing a large gift box, decorated beautifully, and then seeing your name on the gift tag?  As you wait for the time to open the gift, you wonder what is in the box.  Your imagination soars as you think of the things that will fit into that size box.  The time to open the gift arrives, the gift is placed into you lap, and you begin to remove the wrapping paper.  You finally uncover the actual box, open the lid, and peer inside.  Oh joy!!!! You find something that you've waited for and wanted for quite some time.

Yes, that's the way I feel..... only I ordered the things in the box, although that doesn't remove any of my happiness and excitement.  Guess what has arrived!!!!  (There's a long list, so be prepared!)  Today I received antibacterial udder wipes for washing the goats' udders before milking.  Don't laugh!  We've been mixing up a wash and carrying it from the kitchen to the barn for each milking!  I also got udder spray, which is applied after milking to fight mastitis-causing bacteria between milkings.  Other items in my box, including terramycin, M.F.O. solution, and non-spermicidal lubricant, are the newest enhancements to our slowly growing "goat medicine cabinet."  We have had one doe get pink eye several times, and I always have to mix up a homemade wash to wash her eyes with, and we just wait for it to get well.  Now, the terramycin will do the trick much faster, resulting in far less work for us because we won't have to keep the other does away from the infected doe for so long.  We also received more navel clips for the new kids we are expecting within the next two weeks.

Ahhhhhh, I feel far better prepared now to care for our animals.  I took each item out of the box one by one and showed the girls, who are as excited as I am......... well, almost!

"A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal."  Proverbs 12:10 (NIV)

No comments: